Saturday, November 5, 2011

Around the World - San Diego, CA - The Modern Project

Coming from a family of woodworkers and furniture makers, (my grandpa used to make furniture for a living, and my dad likes to build things, although he did not pursue a woodworking career) I have a high respect for people that excels in this craft. Since I've dealt a little bit into woodwork when I was younger too and I know it is all hard work. So when I found The Modern Project, I was immediately in awe.

He doesn't have a lot in his Etsy shop, but every piece is a masterpiece. I love how unconventional the coffee tables look, and although it may not work for a lot of homes, it was something different, something unique to the maker himself - Curtis Micklish. You should check out their website too for more awesome projects!

0 comments:

Post a Comment