Friday, October 21, 2011

Failed Specimens

Like all forms of arts and crafts, it takes time and lots of trial and error to get something right. And the path to perfection is a long and difficult one. It's no different with me and my pendants.

This is just one part of my failed specimens. Up until now, I still get a few spoiled ones every time I pour that cup of resin. So far I only had one batch that did not spill, seep into the paper, or riddled with bubbles.

The rectangle pendants are new, this is my first experiment. I have no idea what happened to it! Suffice to say, these are going to the dumpster. Such a pity, I liked the snow rabbit too. :(

This one I accidentally broke through the sealant while I was trying to remove a bubble. So the resin seeped into the paper. :(

It's such a waste, as these could not be sold or even given away. As someone who take pride in her work, I will never let someone have something that is flawed! So all these are going into the dumpster, or maybe I should just keep them for myself as a reminder, not to repeat these mistakes again.

4 comments:

Maribellum said...

I'd be willing to take all of them off your hands! it really is a pitty to throw things away! please contact me at Project_clone_eve@live.com.
I think they're beautiful! I'd be more than happy to pay for shipping!

Maribellum said...

I especially love the rabbit one too, if i only get one, make it that one ! :D

Anonymous said...

I'd LOVE to use those 'failed' masterpieces as artsy decor. photo_coyote [at] yahoo [dot] com.

CrippleHorse said...

I love them!!
I think they'd be great in charm bracelets, where the detail is not so much shown...

DESPINA
deb_oro@yahoo.gr

Post a Comment