Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Experiments

Today I ran an experiment, and that is to oxidize sterling silver. I had wanted to try this for a while, but before last month, liver of sulfur gel was not easily purchasable in Malaysia. I dreaded the idea of purchasing it online and overseas with expensive shipping. However, just as I was thinking if I should get it from US or not, one of my beading suppliers imported liver of sulfur gel, so... woohoo! Here is me, jumping straight into it. (not literally of course)

Just a note, I followed this tutorial to oxidize my jewelry.

Mystic quartz wire-wrapped with sterling silver. I have to admit, it doesn't look too bad doesn't it? Granted I don't have a tumbler so I just rubbed on it with baking soda powder and my fingers to polish it a little, giving it a grey rustic look.

Better and clearer view of the wire. :)

Aside from that experiment, I had been trying my hands on some art pendants as well.

Epoxy on bronze setting. I haven't got around to get the bronze chains to make the necklaces yet, (courtesy of a sprained ankle) but this is kind of fun! :D Some of the designs here are cut straight from acid free scrapbook paper, and some have my doodles on polka dot scrapbook paper, also acid free. I use fade proof inking pens so they will last a long long time. :)

I'm not sure if I want to include them as a line in Skyejuice, since my Etsy shop does not have artsy stuff in it. It would look out of place. Maybe I should dedicate them for local craft fairs only and perhaps... sell them on my blog? Well, once I revamped it anyway. Any thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment