Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eatsy Malaysia - SS15 Pork Noodles

In collaboration with the Team Etsy Malaysia's blog, where I had been graciously invited as a blog contributor, I will be doing posts about Malaysian food twice a month. I had wanted to do this for my blog anyway so what the heck, I'll just go with it.

So I am cross-posting the posts to here as well, with permission from the lovely Huey of Nottypooch. (our awesome team leader :D )

There is a local saying that often the most delicious food are the most unhealthy, and that is most true to the food that I am introducing today. But the taste, oh the taste~! It is very gratifying! Of course, it is not recommended to eat this everyday for the sake of health. :)

This is the epitome, the holy grail of pork noodles! Sure it may not look very appetizing, but it tastes amazing! The soup is very distinctive from other pork noodles I’ve tasted. My friend told me that is because the stall owner uses fried garlic oil instead of pork oil for seasoning? She claims she can taste the garlic in the soup. I am not sure if that is true, but I don’t really care as long as it is delicious lol! The variety of ‘toppings’ are very generous too, vegetables, pork slices, minced pork, pork innards (which is missing in my bowl because I don’t eat them) and my favorite – deep fried pork lard. (the small brownish yellow chunks)

The reason why this is so unhealthy? Because it is actually quite oily. Some of my colleagues actually doesn’t like it very much because of the health concerns. It will probably apply to those that doesn’t like oily food as well, and those that have a stomach sensitive to oily food. But if you don’t mind all those, I definitely recommend you to try this out! Yum yum!! :9 But be prepared to wait though if you are eating there at peak hours, I’ve waited for half an hour once for my noodles to arrive. They are only open for breakfast and lunch.

The shop is named Restoran Pomander, located in SS15 Subang Jaya, nearby Subang Square and directly at the angled turning of the road. (as you can see on the map below)

0 comments:

Post a Comment